Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Way Things Work

Dear Friends,

I started this blog almost 4 years ago as a medical student in dermatology. Unlike other blogs, I didn't utilize fancy visuals or full blown product pitches, the way I operated was simple: I just provided my insight with the intention of being helpful.

The beauty industry often lacks clarity and is filled with unsubstantiated claims or overblown promises. This blog has served as an outlet for me to dispel myths, and provide actual guidance. I did not know if writing from my point of view, free of marketing language and the "glam" would find an audience. Years later, I still receive around 2-3 e-mails a day asking what I think about a product or how a routine can be improved. To say I am amazed by the response is an understatement.

When I was attacked by a brand you came to my support and provided very kind words that motivated me to continue. On the flip side of honesty and that "integrity" is that sometimes a brand may be threatened or hurt by an opinion. I've been blocked, received threatening DMs and even legal notices. It is all very draining and my interest in continuing this blog waned.

In the fall of 2016, I was approached by a website Garçon's World with their mission of including guys in the conversation of health and wellness. It immediately caught my attention as men just never seemed to move beyond the lifestyle pages of GQ the way that women have created communities such as Into The Gloss and GOOP. Through continued conversation, I realized that Garçon's World would be the ideal platform for me to continue my goal of providing honest insight to a larger audience.

I welcome each and every one of you to follow me (and the continuation of this blog) over on Garçon's World. Waiting for you right now is my latest post on reader questions where I tackle retinols, acne treatments and exfoliation. I look forward to continuing the journey with you all over there!

As always, messages sent to me will continue to be answered even if it takes a while for me to get to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment